SubjectSound Configuration Question
First off it is late and I am feeling the effects of the pain
killers so there may be errors.

My son pointed this out to me, and ask me if this was
the why is is supposed to work.

If CONFIG_SOUND is y and CONFIG_SOUND_SB is m
there is a unresolved variable in the sound.o module
due to the fact that soundcore.o is not built as a module but
rather included in the kernel.

If CONFIG_SOUND is m and CONFIG_SOUND_SB is m
things work the correctly. The module soundcore.o is built
and there are no unresolved variables.

His question was: If CONFIG_SOUND is y should you be able to
build any sound modules or should module selection no longer
be allowed?

We are trying to sort this out, since it has bitten us with
the CONFIG_SOUND_SB modules.

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

When the toast is burnt
and all the milk has turned
and Captain Crunch is waving farewell
when the Big One finds you