    SubjectSound Configuration Question
    First off it is late and I am feeling the effects of the pain
    killers so there may be errors.

    My son pointed this out to me, and ask me if this was
    the why is is supposed to work.

    If CONFIG_SOUND is y and CONFIG_SOUND_SB is m
    there is a unresolved variable in the sound.o module
    due to the fact that soundcore.o is not built as a module but
    rather included in the kernel.

    If CONFIG_SOUND is m and CONFIG_SOUND_SB is m
    things work the correctly. The module soundcore.o is built
    and there are no unresolved variables.

    His question was: If CONFIG_SOUND is y should you be able to
    build any sound modules or should module selection no longer
    be allowed?

    We are trying to sort this out, since it has bitten us with
    the CONFIG_SOUND_SB modules.

    --
    Terry L. Ridder
    Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

    When the toast is burnt
    and all the milk has turned
    and Captain Crunch is waving farewell
    when the Big One finds you
    may this song remind you that they
    don't serve breakfast in hell
    ==Breakfast==Newsboys

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.034 / U:0.300 seconds]