SubjectRe: Corruption Stats: Suggested Blacklist from the data
Date
> > I'd say the starting blacklist should be
> >
> > WDC AC22100H
> > WDC AC36400L [also 'it work fine' reports too 8)]
>
> Note that I think that a blacklisted drive should only _default_ to DMA
> off. If somebody wants to take the chance (maybe the bug only occurs in
> certain batches), we should allow him/her to turn DMA on if wanted.

Im hoping we can bully WDC into an explanation and firmware revision table.
If I get enough reports for a clear firmware divide we can add it. Right
now its obvious which drives cause almost all the problems UP.

Alan

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans