    SubjectRe: Corruption Stats (fwd)
    In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.980729142306.20145A-100000@chiara.csoma.elte.hu>,
    MOL
    NAR Ingo writes:
    +-----
    | On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Mark Lord wrote:
    | > This one is another SMP motherboard.
    | > I wonder if there are any non-SMP reports at all?
    |
    | now i will describe some strange case which probably will not help resolve
    | the problem, but shows how closely 'hardware bugs getting triggered' and
    | 'IDE' are related.
    +--->8

    I just got yet another weird variable to throw in: someone reported a
    corrupted disk that wasn't caught except by manual fsck. IDE, yes... but it
    turns out that the network card is known to screw up and write to random
    memory locations. (I don't know which network card yet; I "overheard" this
    conversation --- was discussing something else with my boss when the report
    came in.) I'll try to get more information tomorrow if I'm alive :-|
    (flu+sinus infection, from the feel of it).

    Dunno whether it might relate or not to some of the reports going by. BTW,
    this is with an older kernel (2.0.18).

    --
    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
    system administrator [WAY too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.020 / U:61.828 seconds]