    SubjectRe: Boot logo ideas (oh not again...)
    On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Hanno Mueller wrote:

    > Hello,
    > This is a followup to the recent boot logo discussion. There are a few
    > questions about adding features to the new console code in here.
    > The logo could be used for a "friendly greeting screen". While in "logo
    > mode", the console is divided into two parts at startup - the lower half
    > is used to display the standard kernel and boot messages. The messages
    > scroll within this text "window".
    > The upper half is used to display the greeting screen. It displays a logo
    > and a few basic, general information about the system. These messages pop
    > up as they are computed - so when there is a long and detailes message in
    > the lower window, the upper window only displays a brief summary of it.
    > The logo does not scroll away.

    I really think this would make a nifty welcome screen. I'm not sure if it
    would be worth the trouble though. I'll look into it when I get move to
    school. (It seems I have more free time when I'm there)

    Mike Coles | LINUX -- The High Performance Operating System
    KC2CIW | This message is NSA certified. It does NOT contain the
    "Just my | words : ThermoNuclear Weapons, Israel, cocaine,
    $2*10E-2" | assasination, AREA-51, Phil Zimmerman, or Bill Clinton.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.020 / U:2.184 seconds]