SubjectRe: Boot logo ideas (oh not again...)
On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Hanno Mueller wrote:

> Hello,
> This is a followup to the recent boot logo discussion. There are a few
> questions about adding features to the new console code in here.
> The logo could be used for a "friendly greeting screen". While in "logo
> mode", the console is divided into two parts at startup - the lower half
> is used to display the standard kernel and boot messages. The messages
> scroll within this text "window".
> The upper half is used to display the greeting screen. It displays a logo
> and a few basic, general information about the system. These messages pop
> up as they are computed - so when there is a long and detailes message in
> the lower window, the upper window only displays a brief summary of it.
> The logo does not scroll away.

I really think this would make a nifty welcome screen. I'm not sure if it
would be worth the trouble though. I'll look into it when I get move to
school. (It seems I have more free time when I'm there)

Mike Coles | LINUX -- The High Performance Operating System
KC2CIW | This message is NSA certified. It does NOT contain the
"Just my | words : ThermoNuclear Weapons, Israel, cocaine,
$2*10E-2" | assasination, AREA-51, Phil Zimmerman, or Bill Clinton.