    SubjectRe: Is the boot logo politically correct?
    On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Edward Welbon wrote:

    > On my system, the logo is nearly inscrutable, so maybe it's not beer in
    > the glass, maybe it's orange juice, iced tea or better yet water (because
    > linux is to computing as water is to life 8-).

    Are you a lawyer? If not, you should consider that profession.

    Come on, that glass is a beer glass. That's a well known fact,
    and that's what the artist intended the glass to look like.

    In any case it _symbolizes_ a beer glass, even though it may
    look like orange juice on your monitor.

    To illustrate how differently people see on symbols and
    things, and how important they can be: why not put this symbol
    in the boot logo?

    | +----
    | |
    +---+---+
    | |
    ----+ |

    If someone is offended by it, we could always say it pictures
    an Elbonian windmill.

    Think about it.

    Johan Myreen
    jem@iki.fi

    Ps. Sorry if this message turns out to be illegal in Germany,
    or something...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.020 / U:0.960 seconds]