    SubjectRe: Is the boot logo politically correct?
    On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Edward Welbon wrote:

    > On my system, the logo is nearly inscrutable, so maybe it's not beer in
    > the glass, maybe it's orange juice, iced tea or better yet water (because
    > linux is to computing as water is to life 8-).

    Are you a lawyer? If not, you should consider that profession.

    Come on, that glass is a beer glass. That's a well known fact,
    and that's what the artist intended the glass to look like.

    In any case it _symbolizes_ a beer glass, even though it may
    look like orange juice on your monitor.

    To illustrate how differently people see on symbols and
    things, and how important they can be: why not put this symbol
    in the boot logo?

    | +----
    | |
    | |
    ----+ |

    If someone is offended by it, we could always say it pictures
    an Elbonian windmill.

    Think about it.

    Johan Myreen

    Ps. Sorry if this message turns out to be illegal in Germany,
    or something...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.021 / U:158.112 seconds]