SubjectRe: 2.1.111: IDE DMA disabled?
On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
> Someone said they had an actual reference to DMA problems on the WDC site
> can they provide the actual URL for this.

http://www.westerndigital.com/support/ftp/drives.html
look for the overlay.exe files and read the descripttions.

I don't know if it was dma related or not, the site has changed since I
have been there last (over a year ago, ack 2 years now that I think of it)
All I remember is downloading 2 or 3 overlay programs from there
and then having to RMA the drive anyways. (They didn't even ask twice just
told me to send it over) Bad batch mabe ?

Gerhard

Overlay.exe
(last modified JUNE.07.96)
89K
A firmware upgrade for certain Caviar drives in systems with certain
AsusTek motherboards and Award BIOS. Please see the readme file for
further details.

--
Gerhard Mack
irc admin voyager.starchat.net

gmack@imag.net
innerfire@starchat.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:2.072 / U:0.736 seconds]