   Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 13:45:13 -0700
From: Bill Hawes <>

I think the correct way to fix this is to directly call
check_pgt_cache() after unloading the page tables.

No, the correct fix is to see if the count is > the high water mark,
and directly free the page if so, not to expensively call the
check_pgt_cache() function.
It is a bug, but I wonder when it would actually happen in real
operation. I can run "swap-stress" which eats %99.5 of all memory and
swap, and has a stupid spin loop to guarentee the idle thread never
runs, and get fork failures, what have I proven?

David S. Miller