SubjectRe: SMP no boot in 2.1.110

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Matthew G. Marsh wrote:
> If anyone would like me to test anything - or could point out how I can
> reverse the boot sequence to test this hypothesis - I would be happy to
> try. Thanks!

You could test it by just swapping the order of "smp_init" and
"check_bugs()" in init/main.c.

However, to do that I suspect you need to disable the MTRR code, which had
some code in check_bugs (strange place).

In fact, if you had the MTRR config option enabled, first try a kernel
with that disabled, and once you've tried that please just try the
check_bugs/smp_init order change.