SubjectRe: linux-2.1.110 & Sound
llornkcor wrote:

> The devel kernel has built in support for PNP( and auto-probing of PNP
> devices), and sound cards do not HAVE to be modularized anymore. I am
> using 2.1.110, and it works dandy.

I would agree that Linux-2.1.110 has PnP support, and that if
enabled it does seem to work. However, there are instances where
enabling PnP is not an option.

One such instance is when you have 3Com 3c509B NIC cards installed.
This is not a problem with Linux PnP support but 3Com's problem.

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

When the toast is burnt
and all the milk has turned
and Captain Crunch is waving farewell
when the Big One finds you
may this song remind you that they
don't serve breakfast in hell
==Breakfast==Newsboys

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.043 / U:0.312 seconds]