    SubjectRe: Hack for Sound question
    On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 wrote:

    > Not to take away from the important kernel hacking, but I have a tiny
    > question of opinion to ask. I wanted to tweak the sb_mixer code around a
    > bit to automaticly save and restore mixer levels whenever the mixer is
    > accessed. It just irks me to have to reset it each time I reboot my
    > computer. ;)
    > I was wondering where the best place to store the mixer
    > settings "permanently" would be.
    > A standard file? say in /var or /tmp?
    > Or would the /dev/nvram be a safe place to store these settings? And how
    > much space is available in /dev/nvram?

    How about downloading and installing the program called "mixer"
    which I believe is on sunsite. It is a command line based mixer
    for Linux. You can put it in one of your rc scripts such as
    rc.local to set the default volumes for your soundcard. This is
    not a kernel issue really.

    Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

    Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
    PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.019 / U:2.932 seconds]