SubjectHack for Sound question
Not to take away from the important kernel hacking, but I have a tiny
question of opinion to ask. I wanted to tweak the sb_mixer code around a
bit to automaticly save and restore mixer levels whenever the mixer is
accessed. It just irks me to have to reset it each time I reboot my
computer. ;)

I was wondering where the best place to store the mixer
settings "permanently" would be.

A standard file? say in /var or /tmp?
Or would the /dev/nvram be a safe place to store these settings? And how
much space is available in /dev/nvram?

Thanks!

-Sir Woody Hackswell balint@udayton.edu woody@woodynet.siscom.net
(The ArchFool) http://woodynet.siscom.net/woody

The three principal virtues of a programmer are
Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans