    SubjectHack for Sound question
    Not to take away from the important kernel hacking, but I have a tiny
    question of opinion to ask. I wanted to tweak the sb_mixer code around a
    bit to automaticly save and restore mixer levels whenever the mixer is
    accessed. It just irks me to have to reset it each time I reboot my
    computer. ;)

    I was wondering where the best place to store the mixer
    settings "permanently" would be.

    A standard file? say in /var or /tmp?
    Or would the /dev/nvram be a safe place to store these settings? And how
    much space is available in /dev/nvram?

    -Sir Woody Hackswell
    (The ArchFool)

    The three principal virtues of a programmer are
    Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.018 / U:2.388 seconds]