SubjectUDMA on TXPro chipset in 2.1.x
I have a TX-Pro chipset, which claims UDMA support, as does my
Quantum Fireball SE. I am unable to turn UDMA on, or even DMA
for that matter on any of my drives. I'm using kernel 2.0.34
right now.

I've written Alan Cox about it, and he basically told me that I'm
out of luck in 2.0.x because my chipset only supports simplex
mode or something... He mentioned to discuss it with Gadi Oxman
(sp?), however I haven't found his email address.

So I'm wondering if 2.1.x will support UDMA on TXpro? Will
anyone put such support into 2.0.x as well?

I'd really like to see the benefit of UDMA under Linux on my
system. The motherboard came with a driver disk for the UDMA to
work under Win95/DOS, but since I use Linux, I am not benefitting
from the supposed "33Mb/s (yeah right!)".

I'd really like to see support added to 2.1.x at least. I'm not
able to help out in the coding of such support however, I'm afraid.

Thanks in advance.

--
Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS. http://www.redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.063 / U:0.204 seconds]