    SubjectRe: 2.1.109+l-con90 breaks my APM blanking
    Martin Mares wrote:

    > > FWIW, the old vesa blanking stuff seemed to have an interaction with
    > > APM, so only certain settings of suspend time worked. If it was too
    > > short, the screen would blank and wake up again repeatedly. Scott called
    > > it a buggy bios, but I think the APM docs are screwed and the
    > > implementing code follows. But I can't find anything either :(
    >
    > Do you have VESA blanking enabled (setterm -powersave)?

    No.
    Here is some more info.
    I used dosemu to run MSD, and it reports VESA not enabled. This is not
    a bios setup option. I tried .109 vanilla and it seemed to work. Tried
    .110 and it seemed to work, but then I ran dosemu to check the screen
    stuff and after that blanking etc. did not work again. I shut down X,
    umounted my dos partition, rmmod -a until everything that removes did,
    and blanking etc. returned to normal.

    --
    Garst