    SubjectRe: patch to trim page table cache
       Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 14:48:02 -0400
    From: Bill Hawes <whawes@star.net>

    but rather to get 2.1 working properly so that it can
    become 2.2. Solving the remaining memory issues, especially wrt
    fragmentation, is a major part of this.

    I think people with 8MB of ram will need to perform some tuning with
    sysctl variables no matter what we do at this point. And as such, a
    person with an 8MB machine can just simply disable the pgtable cache
    entirely. And this is what I recommend we do instead of trying to
    contort the liberation scheme to be "maybe a little nicer".

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.023 / U:0.040 seconds]