    SubjectRe: Strange interrupt behaviour

    On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Rogier Wolff wrote:
    > The "right" way to handle this, is to make kmalloc/gfp/whatever
    > implement this, and allow just a few places to set the flag that
    > enables getting stuff from the "last resort" pool.

    The problem with that is that we really want to have multiple
    "last-resort" pools.

    For example, NFS would probably also be happier with a last-resort pool
    for kmallocs (of both 8kB and 16kB allocations - we don' tneed a very deep
    pool, just 2-4 allocations would probably be fine to handle the bad
    cases), but we do _not_ want to allow NFS starvation to starve fork()'s or
    vice versa.

    I certainly agree with making this a more generic thing, but it mustn't be
    just a flag that everybody then fights over.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.018 / U:0.956 seconds]