    SubjectRe: 2.1.108 stress test results

    jordy@wserv.com said:
    > I think this is something which is missing in Linux, a system test.
    > There is no program to test memory, simple CPU tests, simulate load,
    > etc under Linux. It's quite hard to make sure a kernel is stable
    > enough to run as a production machine.

    I do my part (as a sophisticated Unix user) by running 2.1 kernels on
    the alpha that I use to do my regular work. It gets used reasonably, never
    gets turned off, and yet if it crashes (rarely does) I can report the
    breakage and halp as much as I can considering I work way too hard for
    a living.

    Even those of us who have no time to contribute directly can help by
    being willing beta testers.

    (My alterior motive, is to keep track of kernel developments, as I am
    Mr. Driverwriter for my company:-)

    --
    Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    steve@icarus.com But I have promises to keep,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.021 / U:0.088 seconds]