SubjectRe: kde vs gnu
On Tue, Jul 14, 1998 at 05:56:40PM +0200, Kristian Koehntopp wrote:
>This is just the same with that two package managers madness. Instead of
>incorporating missing features into rpm the Debian people started dpkg and
>they even used an incompatible format (and then came a third distribution
>with a third format). rpm was never broken beyond repair, but now we have two
>incompatible formats, both of which are to big to die.

*sigh*
First, we also have two different RPM's.
Since by definition the different binary rpm's _can't_ work on different
distributions (see RedHat/SuSE rpm's, which confuse _alot_ of ppl, especially
when the maintainer sets out an RPM and never heard of SuSE), i really prefer
a better distinction than "this is RPM i can use, and this is RPM i can't use".
Your whole argumentation goes in the direction "KDE was first, KDE has the
right to be there" (sorry that i didn't quote that, but that would've been
your whole posting, most of which is also irrelevant now). Would you also shut
down RedHat, Debian, SuSE, Stampede, because all of which use different,
incompatible things? Sorry, competition _is_ good, and you don't need Gnome
to run Gimp, you can perfectly run Gimp with KDE. Just not with the Qt library,
oh and i think there's no drag&drop support (does gimp have drag&drop
somewhere? i don't know, i use neither Gnome nor KDE (oops yes i still use Gimp
(mysteriously, isn't it)))
-forcer

--
/* A couple more shots of whiskey, women 'round here start looking good. */
/* email: forcer@mindless.com -><- www: http://webserver.de/forcer/ */