SubjectRe: LM78/Winbond HW monitoring
Karsten Petersen wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, P.A.M. van Dam (Pascal) wrote:
> > Are there any more chips that do HW monitoring (temp, VCORE, fan speed etc)
> > that already have a driver for Linux. Maybe we should combine them.
> lm78:
> (his real name in ronald schmiDT, with `DT` instead of `T`, so the other
> mailaddress was wrong)
> acops:
> (acops is the system used on gigabyte boards)

I think it would be good to have some kind of standard way to access
this kind of devices. This should also include watchdogs.

If they use the same input/ouput via proc it is much easier to use this
information with mon and/or linux-ha.

Something which simple to parse like:

Sensor-1-Temp 50 C
Sensor-1-Fan 4000 RPM
core 2.8 V
cpu 3.5 V

btw: does anybody know what kind of monitor/watchdog the Dell PowerEdge
Servers (epspecially the low end ones 2200/2300) use ?
Christof Damian
Technical Director ( btw: mediaconsult is hiring )