    SubjectRe: panic("Cyrix user"); and also the AMD K5-90 oops with 2.1.104
    Hello Martin,

    Martin Mares wrote:
    > Hi,
    > > > As I think it could just disable profiling (at worst case) instead
    > > > of using panic().
    > > >
    > > It should!
    > The net profiler is a _debugging_ code for just a few network hackers,
    > not intended to be used by mere mortals, therefore it can expect weird
    > things about the hardware it runs on.

    Well, as a "mere mortal" myself, I would still prefer to see the net
    profiler code made more compatible with non-Intel x86 CPUs, before it
    gets into a production kernel. Same applies to other parts of the
    > I'll look at the CPU identification, bug testing and TTSC issues soon, but
    > not just now as all my time is consumed by PCI and exams...
    OK, good luck with your exams :)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.019 / U:2.180 seconds]