SubjectRe: Linux-2.0.34 & crashme
On Tue, Jun 02, 1998 at 11:52:54PM +0100, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> What configuration do you have --- most specifically, what sort of disk?
> SCSI, and which controller? It might also help if your box is on a
> network, and you can redirect syslog output to another machine; that way,
> a disk lockup won't prevent kernel error logging.

Not if the oops is network related... or sometimes tty related.

What about having kernel oops/etc. saving to some area of ram on some
particular boundary with easy to find tags on each side of it, then when a
kernel boots it can scan for some magic ID on (each) say 128k boundary and
find any error messages that may have been from the previous boot (similar
to ISA bios scan).

I tried this a long time back (after hearing the Amiga does something
similar) but found memory was getting trashed during a reboot...

but its also possible I wasn't allocating memory properly, perhaps its worth
another go. Hmm... me thinks this is probably quite doable is the ram
contents persists across reboots...

-Chris

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.043 / U:0.460 seconds]