SubjectRe: serial ports
Date
In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.980607232658.4316A-100000@omni.fikus.com>,
Filip J. Bujanic <fbujanic@fikus.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am having weird problems trying to set up one of my servers to boot via
>serial console. I am running 2.1.104 kernel, 3 serial ports.... If I
>boot "normaly" (with video card everything works perfect), but if I use
>serial serial port as a console I get following error:
>
>rs_close: bad serial port count; tty->count is 1, state->count is 0

Hmm that is strange. AFAIK the message is reasonably harmless but
that should not happen.

>System works fine (boots up, and spits evrything correcly through the
>serial console), but the modem on /dev/ttyS2 is asleep (desn't respond to
>any commands). I have read all the documentation which comes with the
>kernel and serial how-to, but haven't found anything mentioning this
>problem.

Check if the serial console port and ttyS2 don't share the same
interrupt. Might be a simple hardware conflict.

Mike.
--
Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
miquels@cistron.nl | eventually eliminating it.