SubjectRe: UNBELIEVABLE linux story!
At 09:14 AM 6/5/98 -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>I accidentally pryed the power plug from my main hard disk WHILE
>THE COMPUTER WAS ON AND RUNNING LINUX! I plugged the cable back
>in and linux kept running!

You can automate that procedure if you want--there are companies that sell
disk units that randomly power down and up.

If you try to get a disk driver certified by Novell for Netware, one of the
tests is to hook a disk controlled by your driver up to such a device, and
mirror it with another disk, and then run disk stress tests for a long time,
while the torture device is doing its thing.

There must be no data corruption, and, I believe, no significant loss of
performance while the drive is taken down and up.

--Tim Smith

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans