SubjectRe: Documentation/NotInKernel Was Re: oh woe
Date
Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote with confidence:
> Also someone took BPF and did it right - no funny BPF device files, and the
> ability of any user to push filters onto their connections - eg a user run
> irc server can filter its own connections now.

Interesting - where is this code? I would like to see
how they implemented low-latency high-throughput packet filtering,
and the ability to have user-land `stack' modules on....
--
Jason McMullan - Linux - GGI - http://pepsi.visus.com/~jmcc

On the wonderful world of Microsoft Products:

Why put fault tolerance in the OS, when it's
already built into the User?
-- Steve Shaw <nospamola_sbshaws@kc-primary.net>
comp.os.linux.advocacy

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans