SubjectRe: Thread implementations...
On Fri, Jun 26, 1998 at 06:16:59 PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> - you can give it a length of MAX_ULONG, and it will write as much as it
> can.
Wouldn't using 0 be more sensical? MAX_ULONG gives you troubles if you get
in the odd situation of wanting to send exactly MAX_ULONG bytes. (Whereas if
you want to send 0 bytes, you need to rethink your design.)

> This is going to be in 2.2, btw. The changes are so small and so obviously
> have to work that it would be ridiculous not to have this - the only
> question is whether I'll try to make it a "copyfd()" system call instead,
> falling back on read+write when I can't use the page cache directly. I
> suspect I won't.

It seems to me that the Right Way to do this is to push the "acting"
interface down to the level. Is this too big of a
change for the feature freeze that we are under in theory?

-=- James Mastros
True mastery is knowing enough to bullshit the rest.
-=- Me
This e-mail is licensed under the OP/L. See