SubjectSolved: Strange Kernel Problems
Thank you for all the hints i got.

Finally a reseller located the problem, it was the motherboard which was
not able to deal with dual PII/333 processors. Every other processor (<333)
should work fine in single and dual mode.

-> GA-686DLX Boards with revision 1C are _NOT ABLE_ to deal with dual PII/333
the stable revision is 1E

We also got a very useful hint from GigaByte Taiwan: They gave us a list of
capacitors which should be removed to turn a 1C board into a 1E board :-)

Thankx

chris

--
Christopher | Snail: Lehrstuhl fuer Mustererkennung (Informatik 5)
Drexler | Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg