SubjectRe: Weird spelling fixes in 2.1.107

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Terry L Ridder wrote:

> Having been "blasted" this evening by several clients, who feel
> that the wholesale spell and grammar changes were capricious and
> wondering why we are more concerned with spelling and grammar then
> ensuring that nothing to broken by those fixes. If the only way I can
> salvage the clients and their use of Linux is by backing out the
> spelling and grammar fixes that is exactly what I am going to do.

Uhm, these are development kernels we're talking about - they don't
necessarily work right (or even compile or boot in a couple of cases).
Things sometimes get broken in one version and fixed in the next. Your
clients should either know and expect that, or they should be using a
2.0.xx kernel. I mean, if some spelling changes send them off the deep
end, just imagine what would have happened if they'd run 2.1.44.

later,
Andrew Kieschnick

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.247 / U:0.128 seconds]