Subjectsemaphore.h problems
This discussion is regarding kernel 2.0.33.

I am digging in the kernel, and look at the m68k version. I set arch to
m68k and try to compile (with a good crosscompiler). I get the error that
it can't find <asm/semaphore.h>. After some snooping i discover that
makedep does a touch on the includes it cannot find (VERY ugly solution
IMHO; i would like for all the files in <asm/> to be coherent).

Well, since it wasn't done for me i touch the file manually. But now
'struct semaphore' isn't declared anywhere. I look at uClinux (m68k
without MMU), and find that they have added the file semaphore.h
themselves with the struct-declaration (so i eventually did the same).

How complete are the versions other than intel? Why isn't all the
architecture-dependant in linux/arch/[architecture]/ as it is supposed to
be according to the Linux Kernel Internals book (very good book btw.). Are
there any more platform dependencies i should look out for than all those
macros in the headerfiles? Are there any FAQ:s or HOWTO-alike docs on the
differencies between the platforms in the linux kernel?

Thanks in advance for all the help I can get, and don't get me wrong;
Linux is incredible (it just needs a little more structure sometimes
IMHO).

Regards

Niclas Anderberg
(niclasa@axis.se)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.037 / U:0.148 seconds]