       Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 23:48:25 -0400
    From: Raul Miller <>

    > And that's a good thing, considering how much trust I currently have in
    > the glibc folk's ability to keep a backwards-compatible interface. :-(

    Er.. yes, this is a problem. But there have been kernel versions, too,
    that would corrupt a hard disk. [Generally, people are advised to
    upgrade to a better version.]

    There's a difference between the occasional bug (especially in the
    development kernel) and consciously breaking an old interface, and then
    when people complain, say that you don't care. The kernel has in
    general been very careful not to gratutiously break backwards

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.017 / U:36.712 seconds]