    SubjectRe: [{patch} print_eip for 2.0.34] Re: 2.0.34 hangs
    On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Chris Evans wrote:

    >Sadly, losing the console is not an option available to us :( Any other
    >good ideas about where to put current kernel EIP? Or can we put the

    X is impossible to make usable with the print-eip patch _running_ at least
    without GGI (and I don' t like very much GGI, too much words and nobody
    that apply it to its kernel ;-).

    >console into 132x80 character mode and leave enough room for a fully
    >functional 80x25 linux console, as well as the EIP info?

    The simplest hack is to make a /proc entry that will allow you to enable
    and disable the box writing a 0 or an 1 to that procfile (then you will
    had to hope that the kernel will hang when nobody is using the console
    ;-). If it could be helpful I can do this hack. We could think and
    implement something of nicer but more complex though...

    Andrea[s] Arcangeli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.026 / U:90.132 seconds]