SubjectRe: RAID5 bug in 2.1.103
Richard Jones wrote:

> It seems to be caused by a bug in the higher layers in the
> kernel passing two buffer heads (the `bh' pointers) relating
> to the same block on disk. My investigations have led me to
> believe that the bug is in `ext2_truncate', perhaps a race
> condition when two processes execute this function + some
> other in parallel with certain specific parameters to the
> truncate syscall. I've still not found the bug, though, nor
> a minimal program which exposes it (but I am trying :-)

Hi Richard,

I'm interested in fixing the ext2_truncate problems, as there do seem to
be race conditions galore there. If you're able to replicate the
problems, would you be willing to run a diagnostic patch? I think I have
an idea of what's wrong, but would like to confirm it before making any
substantive changes.

Regards,
Bill

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.033 / U:0.644 seconds]