SubjectRe: port_t again, sorry didn't type the whole thing.

Janos> The I/O port number range, thus the C type needed to represent
Janos> it is not just a function of the CPU architecture, but more so
Janos> of the bus type (think PCI). Also (IMHO), the in/out
Janos> routines/macros are not quite useful for multiple (I/O) buses
Janos> reachable through bridges. Although handling these "extra"
Janos> situations seems to be uninteresting for almost everyone but
Janos> me.. :)

Not just for you I'd say ;-)

Adding a bus identifier parameter to the inb/outb macros would be nice
for people having multiple different busses which are not merged into
the same IO space as it is done on the PC.

Jes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:1.101 / U:0.016 seconds]