SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC] Very amusing DNS...

M$ directions on how to write production code

1) remember we are in the business of selling upgrades.
Do not ever make your code 'perfect'. Please leave some bugs
in, that can be worked around but are annoying.
Make notes as to where they are and the fix, so we can choose
which to remove in the next version.

2) Inner loops must NOT be optimized. If they are the users will
not need to buy another computer, forcing the sale of another
windows license, and also deliving dividends on our intel
stock.

3) NO-OP's are not sufficient for inner loops.
Use the INNER_LOOP_DELAY macro.
This will allocate system memory for operations
And depending on the system eat some of the disk
bandwidth as well.

Each release we modify some of the parameters in this loop,
so we can claim a performance increase, so we can tune just
how much memory, cpu and disk bandwidth we are waisting at
any given time.

Also if a competitor is gaining ground we can supply a service
release to tweek these.

4) To you kernel designes, remember, if the caller is not a M$
product you are required to run the delays at 5 x the normal
delay. All memory allocations are to actually allocate 8x the
requested memory instead of 4x.
Also, remember that the random factor for pointer/heap
corruption is 1 in 1000 for non MS products and 1 in 10000 for
MS products

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.111 / U:0.312 seconds]