SubjectRe: OFFTOPIC (was Re: Preemptive scheduling under Linux?)
OLK <delise@online-club.de> writes:

> my problem is that i know assembler coding, but glancing through
> kernel code i remarked that the assembler coding-style used there
> looks more abstract than that i learned, more general like assembler
> for everyone/every platform, maybe like an "Assembler-meta-language".
> (Maybe because my knowledge is i86 based)
> The kernel-asm-code looks more like "inline-code embedded in C"
> What i ask is where to find more docu about asm-coding like
> the the code in kernel, eg. available opcodes (pseudos too), directives,
> examples etc...

Ah, in that case you want to read the Info node (gcc)Extended Asm.
Note that this mechanism just lets you abstract away from which
variable goes in which register (allowing gcc to decide what to put
where); everything else remains processor-specific.

--
Aaron M. Ucko, KB1CJC <amu@mit.edu> (finger amu@monk.mit.edu)