    SubjectRe: OFFTOPIC: e2fsprogs and +2Gb partitions
    > And besides what kind of programs are you talking about?  Come on, any
    > program that doesn't make hardware access can be written in glibc
    > without any pain at all. Like GNU.

    Wrong. You can't write clean glibc code that

    1. Uses anything more advanced than the basic socket API
    2. Configures networking in any way
    3. Interfaces with the smbfs/ncpfs code
    4. Uses the video capture facilities
    5. Uses some of the sound facilities

    the list goes on...

    Standards API's are a subset of the API's for a real application. If glibc
    meant I could just say 'oh I need to include blah.h' that would be fine, but
    it doesnt it collides hoplelessly with the kernel includes

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.017 / U:54.140 seconds]