    SubjectRe: 2.0.34 ppa.h configuration fix
    Hi David.

    > Quick table for ppa 1.42, note

    > Mode 0 EPP long data transfer with "asm loop"
    > Mode 1 EPP long data transfer
    > Mode 2 EPP word data transfer
    > Mode 3 EPP byte data transfer

    > With the patch I sent to Alan Cox I stripped out Mode 1 and Mode 3
    > from the internals of ppa.c. Experience has shown that is Mode 0
    > failed then Mode 1 and 2 will also fail. there a typo there, or did you really strip out mode 3
    because mode 2 will fail?

    For reference, on my network, there's one box where modes 0 and 1 fail
    but modes 2 and 3 work, and another where only mode 3 works. All of
    the others with EPP will happily accept all four modes. For this
    reason, I'd personally like to see at least modes 0, 2 and 3 retained,
    even if with different designators...

    I will also state that I've yet to see a machine where mode 0 failed
    and mode 1 worked, so mode 1 can probably safely go.

    Best wishes from Riley.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.019 / U:110.292 seconds]