    Subject[OFFTOPIC] glibc troubles

    I've been looking for a glibc/egcs mailing list where I can discuss my
    problems with getting glibc/egcs to compile and install reliably.

    I tried for ages to get glibc-2.0.94 to compile and install properly
    from my libc5 based system with no success even though I got egcs 1.0.3a
    to build and compile. That didn't work right either, so I downloaded the
    binaries for egcs 1.0.3 and glibc 2.0.4 plus binutils (glibc
    version). Installed all three on my machine, after moving my old libc5
    based libraries/includes to a safe place. Did a quick compile of a hello
    world program and checked it by using ldd to verify it was indeed
    install egcs 1.0.3a as a custom tailored version for my system (i486).
    Configuration went well, so off I went to build the whole thing by doing
    a 'make bootstrap'. It stopped after about 30 minutes into the build
    with an error couldn't parse something. I'm ready to scream or something
    at this stage. This is really strange. Are there any problems I should
    know about?

    glibc-2.0.4 binaries
    egcs-1.0.3 binaries
    binutils- binaries
    kernel-2.1.103 (probably has no bearing I guess)

    Thanks for any pointers (and yes I've read the FAQS et al) Could it be
    that I'm on 2.0.4 binaries, and should I use 2.0.6 or whatever?

    Alex (desperately seeking glibc)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.020 / U:18.692 seconds]