SubjectCDROM Oops patch: 1st cdu31a tests
Well, that's not really nice.  Something is going bad, but it may be
that the official driver as of 2.1.99 also has big problems - more to
come on this.

Here are my 1st tests reports:

[note that my drive is a cdu33a, ie. double speed version of cdu31a]

* cd with only a FS

# modprobe cdu31a cdu31a_port=0x340
# modprobe isofs
# mount /cdrom # fstab lists iso9660

The drive's LED keeps blinking red/orange, the console is frozen (no console
switch, no console spawn, gpm does not respond to mouse moves) - eject
button is ignored even after reboot - syscall does not return ?

# cdeject
=>OK

* pure audio cd

# cdeject does not complete; sometimes prints a "cannot read TOC" (sic);
eject-button can either interrupt cdeject, with "cannot open /dec/cdrom"
(occured after such a message), or cause (after several minutes waiting and
no response) several "Aiee, killing interrupt handler" intermixed with
register dumps containing corrupted date (eg. CPU with a very "high"
negative ID on my monoprocessor)

* cd with 1 data track and several sound tracks

# cdeject
=>OK like pure FS

# mount
same symptoms as pure FS

NOTES

* "eject" under cdctrl behaves like cdeject in all cases

* some operations fail with "cannot open /dev/cdrom", and then all attemps
fail with the same message - the eject button is ignored even after reboot

* I'll recompile with DEBUG and see if I can get more precise info

* I've not yet tried to reproduce the old oops, given the number of
other problems

--
Yann Dirson <ydirson@mygale.org> | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
isp-email: <ydirson@a2points.com> | support Debian GNU/Linux: