SubjectRe: Any SMP people out there with SCSI CD ROMs?
It happends to me about 10 times to lock the kernel 103-SMP
2xP166 aic7xxx. With yamaha cd-recorder. + isa ne200 + pci ne2000 +
ppp
It NEVER locks when I was burning the CD, but it was always when I
start using the cd-rom after long time.
Don't understand mee bad I am not able to reproduce the lock, but it
happends when I mounted the CD, afret I did not use it for a few
hours.
It also happend when I grabbed audio-cd.
I supposed that it has something to do with the loading and unloading
of modules, but compiling all scsi related things in kernel does not
help.
The only thing I was able to do was to reboot the computer using
sysrq-b.
I have the root file system on the same scsi card as the cd-rom, and
it looks like the kernel is running well but is not able to comunicate
with the scsi.

Richard Bouska
student of CTU Prague

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.026 / U:1.144 seconds]