    SubjectRe: Lockup with CDROM
    On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Mark Lord wrote:

    > Alan Cox wrote:
    > >
    > > Ok its SMP specific, its not disk controller specific. However when I try
    > > and catch it I seem to end up with it locking on CPU#1 so all I see is
    > > CPU 0 looping on __lock_kernel.
    > This is where the SPINLOCK_DEBUG stuff I once posted would come in
    > handy.
    > It would nail the culprit within seconds.
    > --
    > The Linux IDE guy

    I would guess the trouble is in a driver, but _not_ the BusLogic driver.
    All three of my SMP Pentiums work fine when mounting a SCSI CDROM.

    I built a -g kernel so I could locate the actual code that was
    responsible, but the thing won't Ooops. I still have an Adaptec
    controller. If it helps, I could install it and see if it Ooops.

    Let me know if it would help.

    Dick Johnson
    ***** FILE SYSTEM MODIFIED *****
    Penguin : Linux version 2.1.105 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.025 / U:42.420 seconds]