SubjectRe: Multiple swap partition uglies (fwd)
Just to add to the confusion I'll state that I don't even mention
priorities in fstab, but the system recognizes two swap partitions and
automagically assigns priorities.

Partition check:
hda: hda1 < hda5 hda6 > hda2 hda3
hdb: hdb1 hdb2 hdb3 hdb4 < hdb5 hdb6 hdb7 hdb8 >
Freeing unused kernel memory: 36k freed
INIT: version 2.71 booting
Activating swap partitions
Adding Swap: 72256k swap-space (priority -1)
Adding Swap: 58428k swap-space (priority -2)

where my fstab says:
none /proc proc defaults
/dev/hdb7 none swap sw
/dev/hda6 none swap sw

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Paul Wilkins wrote:

> which _says_ the priorities are positive numbers. However, I've seen
> posts with negative priorities mentioned, so I'm not really sure.
>
> > That would tend to indicate a configuration error - especially since
> > the system I run that has two swap partitions (with DIFFERENT priority
> > levels) does NOT suffer from the problem, even though it otherwise
> > matches the specification given in the original message...
>
> What's wierd is that I don't seem to have any problems as long as the
> swaps have different priorities (dosen't seem to matter which is higher).
> Problem only seems to come up for priorities the same. When I know more,
> I'll be posting back to linux-kernel.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.638 / U:1.064 seconds]