SubjectRe: death for 103
On Thu, 21 May 1998, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:

> Right after the ide driver load I get something about unable to handle
> the page request, then this:
>
> Oops = 0002

I don't know these from the top of my head, but it
doesn't really matter.

> EIP=0010:[<c0110488>]
> Is this useful? What's broke and can I fix it?

The EIP is _very_ useful. First you write down the value
between the brockets, then you use the System.map file
to look up the function that goes with the address.
Then you post the bug report to Linux-kernel again,
together with information on what compiler you use
and which function it really was.

After that, it'll be a matter of hours before some
bored detective will start hunting down the error ;-)

Rik.