    SubjectRe: blocksize > 4K in ext2 ?
    Gerhard Mack writes:

    > This brings to mind a question I asked myself last time I saw a thread
    > along this line. Why doesn't someone make a fs just for cases that need
    > large files? It seems to me there is quite a few people who need it for
    > various reasons. This would imho solve the speed loss argument since the
    > people who need the larger files would be the only ones using it.

    Yes, I'd find this useful too. Ideally the granularity would be configurable
    up to at least 4 MB, so that a certain I/O bandwidth could be guaranteed
    even with a worst-case seek after every block transferred. Buffer cache
    optional would be great also.

    Cheers,
    Peter Monta pmonta@imedia.com
    Imedia Corp.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:3.843 / U:2.264 seconds]