SubjectRe: blocksize > 4K in ext2 ?
On Wed, 20 May 1998, Rik van Riel wrote:

> On Wed, 20 May 1998, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> > >
> > > then, would it be possible to use 8k ext2 on AXP, as AXP uses 8k pages ?
> >
> > or 32k on the ARM?
>
> I don't think the buffer and memory subsystems will have
> any difficulties handling this. (could be wrong about
> the buffers though ;)
>
> Then 'all that needs to be done' is adapting part of
> ext2fs...

This brings to mind a question I asked myself last time I saw a thread
along this line. Why doesn't someone make a fs just for cases that need
large files? It seems to me there is quite a few people who need it for
various reasons. This would imho solve the speed loss argument since the
people who need the larger files would be the only ones using it.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack
irc admin centurion.starchat.net

gmack@imag.net
innerfire@starchat.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.064 / U:0.016 seconds]