SubjectRe: 2.0.34pre breaks my system badly
Date
> Nothing in the BIOS about controlling UDMA.  There is mention about enabling
> IDE controller busmastering, but I don't know if that's the same.

Thats all the DMA (the BM-DMA entry in the line quoted). Thats clearly on and
working since 2.0.33 was happy.

> No UDMA this time, but the same irq timeout. I have another cable lying
> around. I'll install that just so we can rule that out.

You are now seeing the timeout with the non UDMA aware driver. So you are
running the 2.0.33 IDE and seeing different responses. That sort of rules
out IDE, and implies its something earlier.

Can you mail me back a 'dmesg' or syslog entry from the boot up (2.0.33 is
fine) so that I can see precisely what devices are being initiated on
your machine before the ide hard disks and go over the change set to find
which could have disturbed the IDE

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:4.986 / U:0.048 seconds]