    SubjectRe: Boot Logo Questions....

    RW> If you don't mind my pointing it out, any monitor that can be
    RW> connected to a STANDARD VGA adapter can display ALL of those
    RW> modes, and any that can't will only get modes it can display
    RW> selected by the stated algorithm, so there's no possibility of
    RW> 'unforseen times', as you put it...

    There are fixed frequency monitors that can be connected to standard
    PC graphics adapters and which do not support the standard VGA
    timings. However, they cannot show the standard text mode screen
    either.

    It would be nice to support boot messages on such a monitor, but that
    would probably mean including something like KGI in the kernel.

    Benny

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:3.318 / U:0.076 seconds]