SubjectRe: How to compile a Pentium II
Mike A. Harris wrote:

> > > PII doesn't have MMX? Strange.
> >
> > PII does have MMX. (At least the sticker on my computer says so! ;) In
> > fact it's basically a PPro with MMX in a pretty little box with a slot
> > instead of a bunch of pins. I think the intended meaning was that the K6
> > lacks the PII's socket design, big cache, and MMX, but is similar in
> > internals (?).
>
> Well all K6's ever manufactured have had MMX, so I don't know
> where you got your information from.

I didn't _have_ any info about the K6, hence the question mark (?)... I
knew that PII does have MMX, so someone's saying that one of them lacks
MMX would appear to indicate to someone with no knowledge of the K6
(such as myself) that the K6 is the one lacking MMX. I am now fully
informed about the wonders of the K6.

-- brion vibber (brion@pobox.com)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.081 / U:0.032 seconds]