    SubjectRe: Encrypted filesystem under Linux.
    On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Dave Wreski wrote:

    > > Forgive me if this is a FAQ, however I did read through the FAQ and it
    > > seems a bit dated on the subject.
    >
    > The VPN mini-howto at sunsite (which will hopefully be a full-blown HOWTO
    > soon, to be co-authored by yours truly). Is that the one your talking
    > about?
    >
    > > Are there plans to incorporate an encrypted file system into the kernel?
    >
    > No, as with other forms of encryption, due to US government regulations..

    I thought the US supreme court booted those restrictions.

    Gerhard

    --
    Gerhard Mack
    irc admin centurion.starchat.net

    gmack@imag.net
    innerfire@starchat.net

    As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.017 / U:135.136 seconds]