SubjectRe: We're crashing too - 2.0.33 w/ 2.0.34pre2 patches
> Well the first set you have .. which is the machine config. Was it otherwise
> stable with a previous kernel and if so what version ?

It was previously almost completely stable with fully patched redhat 4.2
distribution, almost completely identical kernel configuration options (I
can post old config if it would help). There were frequent SCSI abort
errors with the DPT controller and a couple immediately after the OS
upgrade before I'd compiled the new kernel, none since. (btw, which set of
DPT drivers is better?) The smbfs module would cause an oops every once
in a while and I think was responsible for crashing the server once, but
other than that, we had an uptime of about 6 months aside from irregular
hardware maintenance.

- donald

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.060 / U:1.556 seconds]