    SubjectRe: kmod freezes
    On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, CD323 wrote:

    > > > I am one of the parport developer. You are wrong. parport_enumerate() in
    > > > parport_share.c recall request_module() that _should_ load the module
    > > > parport_lowlevel that must be defined as an alias in /etc/conf.modules.
    > >
    > > The kmod hanging at boot is also a bug, it should either realise there is
    > > no kmod running or queue up the other module loads for when one is
    > > started.
    > >

    > yes, this i understand :). i'll have a look at it and get something
    > submitted ASAP. thanks...
    Uh, as I recall, that was one of the things that my patch did as a
    side-issue. It's only a few lines of code anyway.

    Oh, BTW, I've been hacking around with the KMod code some more and may
    have found a way to simplify the multiple module code greatly, by trapping
    the SIGCHLD's when the forked processes exit. It still isn't totally
    stable (I'm really beginning to think that there is some MM screwups going
    on here), but I'll be posting it later today.

    > -cyrus durgin.
    > cider@speakeasy.org.
    >
    > -

    Greg Zornetzer - gaz+@andrew.cmu.edu
    "Light shines brightest in the darkest night"
    http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~gaz

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.022 / U:124.776 seconds]