SubjectRe: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux
Date
> When Hewlett Packard(tm) actually sunk so low as to design and sell a
> "printer", that is not a PRINTER at all, but an electromechanical
> extension of the "Windows(r)" Operating System, I knew the end was near.

More myths. The HP printers do _not_ implement anything windows specific
as has been demonstrated now that people have cracked the protocols. They
want arbitary host side processing to feed it bands of bitmapped data
and pacing information. Those printers could have gone out with 'Designed
for Ghostscript' labels on them too. The only problem was HP being anal
about the protocol they use.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.088 / U:0.816 seconds]